The 2024 South Carolina Legal Feeding Frenzy:
March 13-31, 2024
The South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division, in partnership with Harvest Hope Food Bank, Lowcountry Food Bank, Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina, Golden Harvest Food Bank, and Feeding the Carolinas are challenging all members of South Carolina’s legal community to participate in the 2024 South Carolina Legal Feeding Frenzy (“SCLFF”) to help fight hunger in our great state.
The SCLFF is a state-wide virtual fundraising competition to benefit South Carolina’s regional food banks. Every dollar raised during the SCLFF stays local and benefits the regional food bank and affiliate food pantries that serve your community.
Please join us for the 2024 SCLFF. Together, we can make a significant impact fighting hunger in South Carolina.
Registration Opens March 1, 2024 at 8:00 a.m.
People face hunger in every county in South Carolina. As transportation and rent costs increase, COVID-19 response programs end, and inflation rises, individuals and families are facing food insecurity at significantly increased rates and continue to need help. To address these ongoing needs, food banks require our support more than ever to put food on the table for these neighbors–especially children and seniors.
The SCLFF is a joint program of the SC Bar Young Lawyers Division and Feeding the Carolinas food banks. It aims to fight hunger across South Carolina by uniting the legal community in support of local food banks.
Step 1: Register your team.
Registration for the #SCLFF2024 will open on March 1, 2024 at 8:00 a.m. and run through the last day of the competition, March 31, 2024. To register your team, click the Team Application tab at the top of the page and follow the step-by-step instructions.
Teams with multiple offices throughout the State should register separately, designating on the Team Application form the local food bank to which that office will make its donations. The multiple office registrations and corresponding donations will be combined at the end of the competition to determine the team’s total donations. When completing multiple Team Applications, please include the total number of employees at your firm/organization across all offices. All registrations should include a primary contact person who the South Carolina Legal Feeding Frenzy co-chairs or program liaisons may communicate with throughout the competition.
Step 2: Read the Contest Rules.
Click the Contest Rules tab at the top of the page for information on determining team size, scoring, bonus points and donations.
Step 3: Participate in the March 1, 2024 Virtual Kick-Off Event.
See details below.
Step 4: Get the word out.
Encourage members of your team to donate funds to your office’s designated, local food bank between March 13-31, 2024. There are multiple ways you can promote participation within your legal organization. Examples include: sending frequent inter-office emails with information about the SCLFF and food insecurity in South Carolina, hosting Friday “jeans” drives, and asking friends and family outside of the office to contribute to their team’s efforts.
Step 5: Rack up bonus points.
See the Contest Rules and below for ways that your team can stay ahead of the competition by earning bonus points.
Registration for #SCLFF2024 will open on March 1, 2024 at the Team Application page . 1,000 “Early Bird” bonus points will be awarded for teams that register before March 5. Teams that register between March 6 – March 12 will receive 100 bonus points.
VIRTUAL KICK-OFF EVENT
Teams that raise $500 or more through online donations on March 1, 2024 (the first day of the #SCLFF2024 competition), will receive 2,500 bonus points.
Additional Bonus Point Opportunities
The following bonus points will be awarded:
- 1,000 bonus points to teams that register before March 1, 2024.
- Teams that register between March 6 and March 12 will receive 100 bonus points
- Teams that raise $500 or more through online donations on the first day of the #SCLFF2024 competition (March 1, 2024) will receive 2,500 bonus points.
- Teams that organize and participate in an on-site opportunity at a Food Bank between March 1-March 31 will receive 5,000 bonus points. Teams should organize on-site volunteer opportunities directly with their designated food bank.*
- Teams that share information about #SCLFF2024 and/or food insecurity in South Carolina on social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) at any time from March 1, 2024, when registration opens, through March 31, 2024, when the competition ends, can receive up to 1,000 bonus points: 200 points for each post. For full credit, no two posts may be duplicative or made on the same day.*
- * To receive credit for social media posts, please screenshot the post and email it to Megan.Feltham@mgclaw.com no later than 11:59 p.m. on March 31, 2024.
The South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers division will recognize the #SCLFF2024 winners in a live or virtual ceremony. Details to be determined. Check back for more information.